Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How to cook a STEAK!

On Sat, 18 Mar 2017 11:47:04 -0700, Oren wrote:

On Sat, 18 Mar 2017 12:54:47 -0400, wrote:

A nice wood fire smoking pit does the job nicely, too.

That is what you do with pieces of trash meat that are too tough to
cook as a steak.

Not every part of a dead hog is "tough", though. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQjG4a3zRFw

Even steaks are done using a reverse sear method. Slowly brought up to
near temps and then seared over hotter heat... wood or charcoal to
impart a light, clean smoke flavor. Dirty smoke is bad.

Another method I tried twice and a damn good Rib Roast.

_Turn the Oven Off! Prime Rib Roast_

http://www.food.com/recipe/turn-the-oven-off-prime-rib-roast-369457

I have a temp probe and a remote thermometer. I put a rib roast in the
convection oven, starting at room temp. Burn it at 425 convection on
until you see the internal numbers start moving up to around 100. By
then it will have a good bark on it. Dial the temp back to 350 and
turn it off at 110. Pull it out at 115-120 let it rest on the table,
it will peek at about 125.