Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default How to cook a STEAK!

On Sat, 18 Mar 2017 17:48:45 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 3/18/2017 2:34 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:

But you're wrong Bob , pulled pork is the only way . Dry rub and
low-n-slow , 195° for at least 18 hours . If you can't shred it with a
plastic fork you didn't cook it long enough . I prefer lump charcoal with a
few pieces of cherry or mesquite .
I must say though , a nice beef brisket has it's merits too ...

Growing up in Philadelphia aI never heard of "barbecue" such as served
in eastern North Carolina. I went to Raleigh on a business trip about
1986 and the guy I was with down there said we'd go for barbecue for
lunch. It was nothing like I ever had.

That started me on a quest on how to make it. Bought a book, internet
was new but found some information there. Next thing I knew I was
firing up a smoker and mixing cider vinegar and pepper. It was a fun
and tasty journey.

Put some South in your mouth :

_The Story Of Barbecue_

http://amazingribs.com/BBQ_articles/barbecue_history.html

...."Around one million years ago Homo erectus, the homonid just before
Neanderthal man, first tasted cooked meat."