coloradotrout

Default poor furnace/ac filter fit

simple is good

the simple way would have been for the original installer to THINK
(maybe that costs extra these days.. or could it be that there is a
shortage..mmm)

I would think that a pleated filter needs to fit flat. I have to cram
mine in.. and in the process fold it some. That results in the wires
coming off the pleats.. thus they are likely to fold under pressure
(literally).

Then to keep it in, I have to use those 2 wires to wedge up against
the top corners. (wire running from top left corner of filter to
bottom left corner of floor) The bottom does not fit flat.. as the
fan mount extends up to the air opening. So.. if you can visualize..

With it wedged in there.. it kinda works. But I cringe everytime I
put the cover back on! How hard would it have been to devise a ledge
for the filter to rest against. and a simple exterior access door?
Impossible I gather.

Any suggestions appreciated.