Posted to rec.woodworking

Default HVLP: What Tips to Use for Shellac? Karl, Leon?

On Sat, 18 Mar 2017 02:58:07 -0700 (PDT), whit3rd
wrote:

On Thursday, March 16, 2017 at 7:26:30 PM UTC-7, wrote:

]Speaking of HVLP, my gun has a quick-disconnect with a 1/2" ID
(~.54") and a .7" OD. ...Any idea where I can find the above connector and more
importantly, some way to convert between them?

Obviously, you could unscrew the fitting from the gun and put another in its place.
Possibly you'd prefer an oil trap/air dryer with the matching output, fit with hoses
that never are used on raw compressed air, for the "better finish experience".

That's the point. I want to unscrew the fitting from other guns and
fit one like this (this is the one on the system).

This outfit has a selection

https://www.mcmaster.com/#standard-quick-disconnect-hose-couplings

I'll look more closely but I didn't see anything when I looked a while
back. Who knew that there were so many incompatible connectors?