Posted to rec.woodworking

Default confessions of a small engine hitman

On Fri, 17 Mar 2017 16:16:38 -0700, Electric Comet
wrote:

only have two gas powered tools and apparently i do not follow best
practices when i expect not to use them for 3 months or so

do you empty the gas out or just shut off the gas from the tank to the
carb

Nothing. Well, the last time I use them, I do shut them off. ;-) I
just dump the remaining gas in the cans into my truck. I put in new
oil in the spring and I'm off and running. I've never had a problem
starting the engine in the spring. I did have a bad battery and spark
plug last year and I'll have to change all the belts on my tractor
this year but I don't to anything else.