Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default Bosch oscillating tool review

On 3/17/17 9:51 AM, Leon wrote:
On 3/17/2017 9:24 AM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 3/17/17 12:41 AM, wrote:
On Thursday, March 16, 2017 at 11:14:15 PM UTC-5, Leon wrote:

It may also have a lot to do with what is available in your
area. I like that I can walk into HOD or Lowes and any blade on
their pegs from any manufacturer will fit on my Fein. FWIW, the
expensive blades from Fein just don't seem to wear out. So how
expensive are they? :-)

As well as with the Bosch. However, as pointed out, on the new
Feins, for "any" blade to fit you will need a $25 two piece adapter,
and for the //newest// top line model you can only use the Fein
blades.

Robert

Did they change something?
I've only had mine for a couple years and I can use all the other blades.

The older Fein's blades mounted like a circular saw blade, strictly
friction fit, no lugs. If you want the non slip you need the adapter. I
have not found the non lugs to be an issue however.

My Fein has the splines on the mount and all its blades have the slots.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--