Posted to rec.woodworking
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default confessions of a small engine hitman

On 3/17/2017 7:54 PM, wrote:
On Friday, March 17, 2017 at 7:17:02 PM UTC-4, Electric Comet wrote:
only have two gas powered tools and apparently i do not follow best
practices when i expect not to use them for 3 months or so

do you empty the gas out or just shut off the gas from the tank to the
carb

Always put Stabil in all my small engine fuel. Store tool in garage for the winter, engines usually start with reasonable effort in the spring. Other than my 40 year old Dolmar chainsaw...it always gives me fits...

Same here. Snowblower with year old gas started on first pull.