Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Oh No, the death of alt.home.repair or even Usenet! - warning long ON TOPIC post.

On Fri, 17 Mar 2017 15:01:10 -0400, wrote:

On Fri, 17 Mar 2017 09:29:22 -0700, Oren wrote:

On Thu, 16 Mar 2017 21:25:17 -0400,
wrote:
snip
The fittings required to do the job added about $25 to the job.

Good job and the price was right, eh?

"The tub has a fiberglass one piece surround - NO WAY was
I going in from the front!!."

When I bought my last residence Spring '95 it was in Phase II of the
development. Got to watch it being built. Had some modification made -
an open office loft instead of a fourth bed room, a 220V outlet added
to the garage.

One visit I walked around, went into a bath room with a fiberglass
surround - no kidding, there 10-15 framing nails in the surround
coming in from the back side. Spoke with somebody in the sales /
builder's office and they said they would fix it. I figured a new
surround. Nope, a fiberglass guy came out, patched all the holes.
Until the day I sold the house; not once did I detect or could even
tell were the holes were. The guy did a fantastic job.

So you are sying the fiberglass repair guy did a better job than the
contractor --- Mabee the fiberglass surround will outlast the house??

What I'm saying is that some guy got crazy with a framing nailer. The
guy that fixed the holes impressed me. He matched the gloss and
texture on the surround. There was no blemishes or any indication
where the holes were originally. Never a leak or anything in the
decade + I lived there. I tripled my money on that house though