Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Oh No, the death of alt.home.repair or even Usenet! - warning long ON TOPIC post.

On Fri, 17 Mar 2017 09:29:22 -0700, Oren wrote:

On Thu, 16 Mar 2017 21:25:17 -0400, wrote:

snip
The fittings required to do the job added about $25 to the job.

Good job and the price was right, eh?

"The tub has a fiberglass one piece surround - NO WAY was
I going in from the front!!."

When I bought my last residence Spring '95 it was in Phase II of the
development. Got to watch it being built. Had some modification made -
an open office loft instead of a fourth bed room, a 220V outlet added
to the garage.

One visit I walked around, went into a bath room with a fiberglass
surround - no kidding, there 10-15 framing nails in the surround
coming in from the back side. Spoke with somebody in the sales /
builder's office and they said they would fix it. I figured a new
surround. Nope, a fiberglass guy came out, patched all the holes.
Until the day I sold the house; not once did I detect or could even
tell were the holes were. The guy did a fantastic job.

So you are sying the fiberglass repair guy did a better job than the
contractor --- Mabee the fiberglass surround will outlast the house??