Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Connecting many low-power mains devices (wall warts etc) to single mains socket

However do beware the next person plugging in a fan heater to one of the
trailing sockets and either overloading the fuse or more likely, crashing
the computer every time the thermostat operates!
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
news
To be honest the only issues I've found on doing this are trip hazards
with the cables and dodgy connections in the socket bars crashing things.

Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"NY" wrote in message
I have a room that I use as a study. It has only one single mains socket
(the other is on the opposite side of the room and would require a long
trailing cable to reach the desk area).

I currently have a PC and LCD monitor, and wall-warts for various
low-power devices (router, phone, security camera, headphones etc)
plugged into a series of multi-way socket blocks (there is a 6-way with
two 4-ways plugged into it).

Obviously the overriding factor is that the total current does not exceed
13 A, and when I measured it, it was about 3A.

But is there any safety issue with lots of plugs, via multi-way socket
blocks, all going back to a single wall socket? Is there any advantage in
having the single socket changed for a dual one and plugging half the
appliances (via socket blocks) into one socket and half into the other?
Is a single socket block with 12 sockets in any way safer than a 6-way
with two 4-ways plugged into it?