Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default New battery tech?

On Friday, 17 March 2017 15:12:11 UTC, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article . com,
dennis@home wrote:
In article . com,
dennis@home wrote:
Of course they all want to travel at the same rush hour so trains have
*no* chance of meeting demand when the roads are shut.

And not surprisingly, the roads have a hard time coping when PT isn't
running for whatever reason.

They appear to cope amazingly well when the trains/tube go on strike.

Yup. Many just stay at home. But roads are noticeably more congested. If
that is possible.

At such times my employer doesnt mind if I'm an hour late and sometimes some are allowed to go home early, and adminsatrative staff are allowed to stay at home and work from home.

They don't cope so well when its an unpredictable event.

Reminds me of star wars; attack of the clones when the mother ship or whatever SW call it went bang. All the clones just stopped moving.
Now you might think that is a bit far fetched or OT but look up "Locusts watching star wars"

Must be people being sensible about when to travel during strikes, etc.

Do I hear goalposts being moved around?

Does a goal post make a noise when it moves ..... when there's no one there to see it. :-)

--
*Proofread carefully to see if you any words out or mispeld something *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.