Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default New battery tech?

On Friday, 17 March 2017 13:53:56 UTC, GB wrote:
On 17/03/2017 13:31, whisky-dave wrote:

total charging points in the whole country 4316.

Yes, that's 20 EVs per charging point.

Please show how you worked that out .

90,000/4316 = 20 approx.

Are plug-in cars electric cars too.
The there's the private charging points and it seems to include those that donlt charge for charging but count it as parking so charge for that.
I doubt anyone I n ow would be willing to drive 2 miles to park for £3..60
and leaving it for a few hours to charge.

I havent seen any private chargers locally unless they hang a lead out of their window when I'm not looking.

It's currently not a practical proposition to have an EV unless you have
off-road parking where you can have your own charging point.

Which is a problem when living in inner cities isn't it.

So, people who live in inner cities can add lack of EVs to their other
deprivations. They can add a lack of spaces to park their ICE cars, too.

Yep so maybe they'll stick to fossil fuel cars.

At least, though, if everyone else went over to EVs, they wouldn't be
choked by smog.

why hasn't everyone else gone over to electric car ?