Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default New battery tech?

On Thursday, 16 March 2017 18:07:18 UTC, GB wrote:
On 16/03/2017 12:33, whisky-dave wrote:
On Thursday, 16 March 2017 12:14:58 UTC, GB wrote:
On 16/03/2017 12:08, whisky-dave wrote:

Most in london can't even park outside their own home. so were will they plug it into.
As an example my brother visit me in his car on a sunday used to come saturday too in the last 14 months h';es only been able to park outside my home ONCE and even then it's in the street I;n need to find a way of getting the charging cable to the car he usually has to park on the other soide of the road the last two weekend he had difficulty finding a space in the same road.
Not all places of work have parking spaces for everyone usually just executives.

Pavement charging point.

https://www.walthamforest.gov.uk/con...harging-points

were can buy a 2 mile extention lead ;-)

There are only 90,000 electric cars at the moment. You can't expect a
charging point outside every house.

I would expect to see at least a few locally, I wouldnlt expect to drive 2 miles to see one. It hardly encourages anyone to go electric does it.
A friend is considering a new car he's a bit of a greeny but I doubt he's stupid to get an electric car.
Unless of course someone can explain to him how to get a charging point and who pays for it etc. and whther it's your own or do you share it with the rest of the block or street.