Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Bosch oscillating tool review

On Thu, 16 Mar 2017 13:09:53 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet

On 3/16/2017 9:27 AM, Leon wrote:
On 3/16/2017 9:10 AM, -MIKE- wrote:

Snip

[snip again]

Great review! The only issue I have is the last statement.
The Fein can be had for $150-199 at many places.
The great news is that with another multi-tool equal in performance to
the Fein, that means competition and competition mean lower prices
and/or incentives for us, the buyers.

ALso the big advantage to the competition is that blades are no longer
$35-$40 each!

Pretty much unanimous on the value of these multi-tools. I've had the
Bosch cordless unit for probably 6 years now and the only fault I've
found is that I didn't buy one 20 years ago!

Take heard in knowing that Fein was the only of its kind 20 years ago
and it was very expensive. It was not until Fein's patent expired about
10 years ago and they switched over to the toolless units that others
were able to compete.

It will be interesting to see who all comes out with Domino clones in 10
or so years.

Or SawStop clones in two or three years. ;-)

One of the handiest tools in my collection. Any time I head out to do a
job at one of the kid's homes, it goes with me. Doesn't matter the job,
7 out of 10 times SOMETHING will crop up that this thing will cure easily.