Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Will RF output (transmitter) be the same wattage as audio output?

"Did it teach you how to wire the HV power supply in a high power TV
transmitter?"

No

"Have you ever worked with 10 KV shielded cable?"

Years ago, but not handling any real current.

"He was not

qualified to inspect anything bigger that a small store or one of the
thousands of Condos in the area. He had no idea who the FCC was, or what
a FCC Construction Permit was. He was as clueless about the FAA permit
for the tower or the lighting requirements. "

Not surprising. Inspectors do not make what the people who do the real work make, I have found out why many times in the building trades. (but not transmitters)

"...cursed me out and said he would be right back with a 'Cease and

Desist Order to stop work on the new TV station. He never came back. "

Probably a rookie. Really. they give these guys authority without proper testing and vetting. That is the way i t works in this country and I am sure you are not all too happy about it either.

Know what else ? On a plumbing job I refuse to use teflon tape. I have personally proven it to be inferior to not only pipe dope, but even regular hand soap.

Someone lobbied for these regulations, just like any other. Government is deaf dumb and blind. they cannot do anything and that is why they are in government jobs.

There are exceptions but they are, of course exceptions. One was a very competent electrical inspector, they gave him the name "Ivan the terrible" because he really did his job. My work satisfied him even though I did not go through all the apprenticeship and all that, I learned from family. Most contractors dreaded his arrival to a job to inspect. And I have seen their work and some of it was downright dangerous. Other inspectors looked the other way but not Ivan Cucic. (the terrible) He did not want to see kids getting burnt in their beds n **** and I agree.

If you do something wrong like in electrical wiring, which is relatively simple, and it causes death or injury, you belong in jail. You should see how it is here. Licensed, bonded and insured mean nothing, all they do is pay off if you **** up. I want it not ****ed up. I never pursued that because I sold the job as "If I **** up and your house burns down I lose my house, if the licensed, bonded and insured people **** up an insurance people pay off. Who has the greater incentive to do the job right ? But I was never afraid of an inspection in fact I welcomed it.

I have seen things that will put hair on your chest, curl it and take it off in one fell swoop. Maybe we need a thread about that. And industrial too, why do they allow shared neutrals in commercial buildings ? And the reason that the shower goes hot when someone flushes a toilet is because it was not plumbed right, IMO. You have to not use the easiest method to avoid that.. You take the toilet supply right off the main, way before it gets to the hot water tank. But they do not do that because it costs more money. So if you get scalded it is not their problem and if it is, they are licensed, bonded and insured so they suffer no loss.

And believe me, that is prevalent here. I have pulled extension cords out of walls.