Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] damduck-egg@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default New battery tech?

On Thu, 16 Mar 2017 19:10:16 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ,
wrote:
Ever been on a train where it drops off a few carriages? ;-)

No I'm too young.

Still quite common round here.

Depends on what terminology you mean by drop off,
lots of trains are divided after the entire train has come to a full
stop which means the total passenger compliment has to wait till the
sections start to progress to their destinations or often part to a
depot.
As the link I provided mentions the last UK drop off from a train
where the main portion carried on its way without stopping so the
passengers in that section were not delayed by the many having to wait
for a few took place in 1960. It is that style of operation I could
see a "Train" of driverless cars mimicking as they progress on their
virtual "tracks" of a motorway. It might happen to an extent already
as adaptive cruise control and lane keeping assist becomes more
popular,
there must be some occasions where a half a dozen or so of such cars
fitted with these devices have already followed each other for some
miles till one turned off or another one joined in.
That can only increase as more vehicles get equipped with it.

G.Harman