Posted to uk.d-i-y
MM MM is offline

Default Puller suitable for Suffolk Punch flywheel?

On Thu, 16 Mar 2017 11:04:53 +0000, "www.GymRatZ.co.uk"
wrote:

On 16/03/2017 09:22, Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk ;¬) wrote:

How thick was the steel plate on your apprenticeship course? What dia
for the centre bolt? M12 is about all I can find around here.

Something like 4 or 6mm I'd guess, just whatever off-cut was lying
around the workshop at the time.

Apologies for the dropbox link but you can close the sign-up window to
see the pic.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k502rn21xh...43.24.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/q81vl0c3et...43.51.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/olvjkdlakn...43.14.jpg?dl=0

I welded the centre nut to the plate as trying to get a spanner in on a
3 bolt pull was a pain but on a 2 bolt it should be fine although I
could have threaded the plate instead, must have over-drilled the hole
by mistake.

By the way, did you still have to whack the centre bolt after
tightening it?

MM