Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default [OT] Google Wants to Use AI to Cut the UK's Electric Bill by 10 Percent

On Thursday, 16 March 2017 11:31:34 UTC, whisky-dave wrote:
On Wednesday, 15 March 2017 18:31:07 UTC, tabby wrote:
On Wednesday, 15 March 2017 15:12:26 UTC, whisky-dave wrote:
On Wednesday, 15 March 2017 14:24:55 UTC, tabby wrote:
On Wednesday, 15 March 2017 13:19:01 UTC, whisky-dave wrote:
On Wednesday, 15 March 2017 10:04:35 UTC, tabby wrote:
On Tuesday, 14 March 2017 19:40:02 UTC, bert wrote:
In article ,
tabbypurr writes

I expect one day we'll have micromanagement that turns down or off
lights when there's no-one in the room,
Been here years. DSS had it in their offices in Lytham. Trouble was in
the afternoons when everyone was asleep at their desks it kept switching
off the lights thinking the room was empty.
Snip

Yes it's been done badly, thus no-one has it at home.

I wonder how they would work with security lights and those that come on a dusk.
Most peole that I know don;t like their homes to be left in darkness when they are not there so the lights are switched on at night when they are on holiday.

hence it will keep lights on where externally visible for security

So will only keep lights on where they are windows so won't save much will it.

fairly typical lounge:
usual lighting 57w
to light the window 11w

Maybe yuor burglars are realy thick I;d have thought they would be able to work out that a light to just a window means you are out.

obviousy the point is they can't tell with curtains closed. You should apply for that brain.

Have a better one of my own thanks, what's yuor problem.
You do realsie that the city (as in EC ) ends about 5 on a friday, even some of teh local pubs are closed on a saturday because there's no one about .

???

Check out the city of london skay line about 3am sunday moring and explain to me why there's so many working in office blocks at that time.

So why leave all the lights on , why note have them all switched on and off at certain times but that might require IoT something that few peole see any advantage in.

how irrelevant.