Posted to uk.d-i-y
harry harry is offline

Default New battery tech?

On Thursday, 16 March 2017 12:09:01 UTC, whisky-dave wrote:
On Wednesday, 15 March 2017 18:01:26 UTC, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:
If you know an electric car takes a given time to re-charge you'd just
allow for that in your journey.

I guess people never fill up on the way to or back from work then. Seems
a bit starnge that peole might not mind an extar 20mins to their commute
journey.

They'd charge the car at work or at home.

Most in london can't even park outside their own home. so were will they plug it into.
As an example my brother visit me in his car on a sunday used to come saturday too in the last 14 months h';es only been able to park outside my home ONCE and even then it's in the street I;n need to find a way of getting the charging cable to the car he usually has to park on the other soide of the road the last two weekend he had difficulty finding a space in the same road.
Not all places of work have parking spaces for everyone usually just executives.

Perhaps you'd not noticed, but mains electricity is pretty readily
available. Unlike petrol.

It;s not easily availible in the street where cars normally park for the majority, and that's when they have houses what about the new builds of flats and as they convert 4 bed houses into 3 or more flats there just isn't the space.

Who'd want to live in that rat hole?
I have two garages and parking for about seven or eight cars on the drive and patio.
Plus work shed and large wood store shed.