Posted to alt.home.repair
slate_leeper slate_leeper is offline

Default Oh No, the death of alt.home.repair or even Usenet!

On Thu, 16 Mar 2017 14:52:30 +0200, Micky
wrote:

If I rented a new or nearly new small cheap Kia (a Picanto, maybe

What are the odds the USB will be an input to the radio.

My 2016 KIA Sorento takes thumb drives formatted in FAT32. I am using
a 128g drive with over 7000 mp3's on it. When inserted the first time,
the radio reads it in, which takes several minutes depending on number
of songs. After that, as soon as I open the car door I see the USB
activity light come on, and the music is ready to play as soon as the
key is turned on.

If your radio has a selection for "media," that is what you want. Mine
allows for selection of songs by singer, album, genre, etc. (based on
MP3 tags), or play all in order or randomly.

-dan z-