Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Solar Powered Garage Door Opener.

On 2017-03-15, Jim Wilkins wrote:

[ ... ]

I've worked with very brilliant engineers who had no business
touching
a soldering iron, or a bandsaw.

Yes -- most frightening thing is an engineer with a soldering
iron. :-)

I also enjoyed watching them try to use the AMP PIDG crimpers
(22 ga and 16 ga) which I brought in from home. They could never
figure
out how to open them -- and I did it with the tool behind by back.
(Just a bit more force to reach the full compression point and
toggle to
release. :-)

My AMP 59824-1-L crimper (only $272 from Allied!) has a tab protruding
from the ratchet that allows manual release. It's an old model that
doesn't quite look like this. In fact it's so old that the green
plastic grip covers cracked and fell off.
http://www.alliedelec.com/m/d/7a66dd...0b0c2649ff.pdf
"Cumulative Trauma Disorders can result from the prolonged use of
manually powered hand tools."
You could claim a Trauma Disorder.

I disabled the inaccessible ratchet in my Molex crimpers.

-jsw