Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default "its not easy being green" sonic glass crusher

On Wednesday, 15 March 2017 22:25:33 UTC, Weatherlawyer wrote:
On Friday, 10 March 2017 09:56:37 UTC, Robin wrote:
On 10/03/2017 07:46, harry wrote:
On Wednesday, 19 May 2010 02:55:58 UTC+1, Weatherlawyer wrote:
Anyone remember that cullet maker used on the show?

The series was on the box a few years ago. A family built an eco-home.
One of the do-dah's introduced was a machine that ground glass bottles
using acoustic shock.

I want to know how it worked. I can't find anything comprehensive
about it online.

What's the point of such a machine?

to make make pozzolan from glass to use in mortar/concrete instead of
mined/dredged sand.

I was thinking about making a kiln to melt some and make glass blocks with it. How much do you suppose a toy like that will disable me?

then why would you need to pulverise the glass?

NT