Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] johnschmidt24442@gmail.com is offline

Default Removing paper backing from old Plexiglas

Well read thru everyone's posts I'm having the same problems here's what I learned ....
The paper laminate ply is latex in my circumstance no Chem peel and ironically, there's no adhesive . the paper/ latex is rolled onto the acrylic sheet a creates a static adhesive that shrinks when cool
My experiment will be to use a new car buffer pad and plexiglass cleaner as a medium
Other than that its taken two people and six hours to manually remove the paper and now the latex .... One has contemplated harri marry while the other creates suggestions in the middle of the day ling project one has also considered melting the plexi and latex with carb choke cleaner as a last resort toward the frustration this causes ... However I think the buffer plexi cleaner hot water will work