Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Mac Davis Mac Davis is offline

Default Nova 3000 motor pulley

On Tue, 14 Mar 2017 22:07:58 -0500, Martin Eastburn
wrote:

Cut it off and replace it with a link belt...
MUCH easier than taking the headstock apart to replace a belt and
you'll love the difference...
I've gone to link belts on all of my pulley tools...

I don't know the size ... - can you easily take it off and put on
another ? - if so take it to a big auto-shop. They have belt BOOKS
that go over lots more than just cars and trucks.

Another is look for a 'belt' or Rubber company in town. They make
industrial belts. Maybe they have a source or make one.

Martin

On 3/11/2017 9:07 PM, wrote:
the motor pulley on my 3000 is worn and vibrates. there is no replacement available from teknatool, any body have a source for micro ribbed pulleys? i have a vfd on the lathe, so i don't need the whole 8 step setup, maybe two or three at most.