Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default [OT] Google Wants to Use AI to Cut the UK's Electric Bill by 10 Percent

whisky-dave formulated on Wednesday :
So I'm guessing you wouldn't want or need a detector to turn that LED off
when you aren't in that room.

It is not a room light, it gives some permanent light to the very dark
drive.

What is the advantage of having remortly
controlled bright ones ?

It was a matter of avoiding running cables to switches and disturbing
decoration. It is quite dark around here and we have a large garden,
backing onto nothingness, which is a slight security risk. I have three
lights lighting that up, fed from a single socket upstairs. I use a
wireless remote control socket, the remote control is kept in the
living room.

I set that up after we had prowlers a few years ago.