Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default 1/2" BSP isn't half an inch?!

In article , James Wilkinson Sword
wrote:
On Wed, 15 Mar 2017 01:18:10 -0000, Roger Hayter wrote:

James Wilkinson Sword wrote:

On Tue, 14 Mar 2017 20:10:11 -0000, Roger Hayter
wrote:

snip

The calipers said 14mm, reading the outer diameter of the thread of
what used to be in it.

BTW, your adapter is M to F increasing, is it? M to F reducing is
commoner and won't help you!

Yes, I selected the female and male sizes seperately from drop down
boxes.

Should all work then! Copious PTFE tape should work for the taper one,
the other may need tape, fibre washer *and* sealant if both threads are
parallel.

I know about PTFE tape, but there is something else I can do if the male
is 14mm and the female is 15mm?

hemp and putty used to the used.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England