Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default [OT] Google Wants to Use AI to Cut the UK's Electric Bill by 10 Percent

On Wednesday, 15 March 2017 10:04:35 UTC, wrote:
On Tuesday, 14 March 2017 19:40:02 UTC, bert wrote:
In article ,
tabbypurr writes

I expect one day we'll have micromanagement that turns down or off
lights when there's no-one in the room,

Been here years. DSS had it in their offices in Lytham. Trouble was in
the afternoons when everyone was asleep at their desks it kept switching
off the lights thinking the room was empty.
Snip

Yes it's been done badly, thus no-one has it at home.

I wonder how they would work with security lights and those that come on a dusk.
Most peole that I know don;t like their homes to be left in darkness when they are not there so the lights are switched on at night when they are on holiday.

Except Rod. Hopefully it'll get done well enough & cheaply enough that we all have it.

But would we use it, that is the point. Surely it's at the stage where it can be in most offices but if yuo look at commercial towers in large cities all the lights are on. You only have to see a few night shots of the offices in carnery wharf amonst other places.