Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default best place for glyphosate

On 15/03/2017 10:35, mechanic wrote:
On Mon, 13 Mar 2017 08:33:45 -0700 (PDT), sm_jamieson wrote:

I need to blitz my old lawn / weeds before re-turfing. Where is
the best (cheapest) place to get some glyphosate concentrate (say
40 to 50% contentrate) that does not break the bank and avoids
internet delivery costs? 500ml should do it. Any good chain of
garden centres, for example. Midlands region. Thanks, Simon.

glyphosate = Roundup, no? Before using this, you should read:
http://www.zerohedge.com/print/590417
"Monsanto Colluded With EPA, Was Unable To Prove Roundup Does Not
Cause Cancer, Unsealed Court Docs Reveal"

You can never prove that anything does not cause cancer. Glyphosate as
an active ingredient is about as toxic to humans as caffeine. You have
more to fear from the wetting agents in commercial formulations. Much as
I dislike Monsanto I dislike ignorant scaremongering even more.

The problem is mainly with Roundup Ready crops containing traces of
glyphosate and the trick of hitting some ordinary crops with it prior to
harvesting to make them dry off evenly but with higher residues. A part
of the problem is that the very low detection limits for ultratrace
organics are now so low that you can detect almost anything.

Many commonly occurring chemicals that are known to increase the risk of
cancer including alcohol and tobacco.

I have my suspicions about lettuce too since almost everything with
milky sap is a bit dodgy (at least as a working heuristic). Euphorbia
sap is particularly nasty in respect of potentially carcinogenic
compounds and bracken isn't far behind. It is a matter of relative risk.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown