Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Snooping TV.

In article ,
John Rumm wrote:
All very trivial. Until you try and do it with software and no access to
the TV or room.

I would have thought that for a TV with a built in mic, excising the TVs
own audio output would be a standard part of the software - its going to
need it for every occasion the mic is used.

It does sound oh so easy in theory. You simply remove the signal to the
speakers from the mic output. And I'm sure can be made to work quite well
in an anechoic room. And to be able to recognise clearly spoken commands.

But what it is being asked to do is somewhat different. To snoop on a
conversation being held in the room.

I'd love to actually hear the results of this. And some proof of where it
has actually been used with success.

--
*Why is it called tourist season if we can't shoot at them?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.