Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default [OT] Google Wants to Use AI to Cut the UK's Electric Bill by 10 Percent

On Tuesday, 14 March 2017 19:40:02 UTC, bert wrote:
In article ,
tabbypurr writes

I expect one day we'll have micromanagement that turns down or off
lights when there's no-one in the room,

Been here years. DSS had it in their offices in Lytham. Trouble was in
the afternoons when everyone was asleep at their desks it kept switching
off the lights thinking the room was empty.
Snip

Yes it's been done badly, thus no-one has it at home. Except Rod. Hopefully it'll get done well enough & cheaply enough that we all have it.

NT