Posted to uk.d-i-y
Clive George Clive George is offline

Default What's likely to be wrong with this car?

On 14/03/2017 18:26, NY wrote:

You charged the battery while it was still connected to the car? I
thought that was usually likely to damage the electrics of most cars. It
also means that you have to get a mains supply to the car and leave it
and the charger unattended overnight, risky for theft if the car is kept
on the drive.

Bonnet ajar, doors locked - why risky for theft? I might not do it onto
a street, but a drive in most places would be fine.

The only time I've ever charged a battery, I've removed it, and taken it
into the garage to the charger and its mains plug. I thought that was
the only correct way to do it. Maybe I'm about to learn something :-)

Removing the battery can be quite a PITA. Hefting that great lump around
etc. I never bother :-)