Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] bruce2bowser@gmail.com is offline

Default Will RF output (transmitter) be the same wattage as audio output?

On Monday, March 13, 2017 at 3:40:12 AM UTC-4, wrote:
"LOL! I remember when I was just getting started in TV repair
and my dad had a 40s radio in the shop for repair. In horror,
I saw him put his finger on the "plate" cap of the IF tubes as
a poor man's signal tracer. Of course, my first experience with
a true plate cap was my finger on a horizontal output tube..

I bet you learned some respect for eletricity.

For me it was the cathode of a damper tube, which has even more.
That SOB burned my finger all the way to the bone, and cauterised
it at the same time. The "one hand" rule did not save me from
that, but really if I completed a circuit to anythihg at the time
I could have been history, way back then. Actually that does not
sound so bad these days, but that is not the point. Youngers who
want nto this business need to know that there are more than five
volts in the world.

They need 4 or 5 years of union electrical school. It sure helped me.