Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim Jim is offline

Default best place for glyphosate

Martin Brown Wrote in message:
On 13/03/2017 15:33, sm_jamieson wrote:
I need to blitz my old lawn / weeds before re-turfing. Where is the
best (cheapest) place to get some glyphosate concentrate (say 40 to
50% contentrate) that does not break the bank and avoids internet
delivery costs? 500ml should do it. Any good chain of garden centres,
for example. Midlands region. Thanks, Simon.

Is the lawn that far gone that you need to blitz it with glyphosate?
BTW glyphosate seldom kills buttercup or ivy the first time around.

In spring using a broadleaf specific weed and feed mixture with a moss
killer will turn even quite badly degraded lawns back into something
presentable more cheaply and with a lot less effort than relaying turf
from scratch. Then rake out the dross and reseed any bald patches.

If you insist on glyphosate then wait until it warms up a bit and the
grass is growing strongly. Be careful of spray drift and traces left on
boots or you will leave outlines where you step on good grass and cause
lots of unintended collateral damage in the borders.

Suggest you read the OP...
--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----