Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] tenjeeuk@gmail.com is offline

Default USB Controlled Power switch

On Tuesday, 14 March 2017 02:09:08 UTC, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Mon, 13 Mar 2017 16:21:24 -0000, Brian Gaff wrote:

To be honest, surely if the switch is dodgy the best thing is to fix it
no matter how much dismantling and remantling is needed.

That's one way of reading what was written. I read it to mean that
the screen occasionally crashes and needs a power cycle to reset it.

--
Cheers
Dave.

The issue is with the RS232 becoming unresponsive after a few days of running normally. The only way to reset to back so it waorks again is to power off/on. Unfortunately the screen has been installed in such a way that access to the power switch is not possible. They even don't execatly know which mains plug it connects to.

So, I am exploring a workable solution, not neceassry the best.