Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Best way to strip long lengths of mains cable?

"F Murtz" wrote in message
web.com...
Brian Gaff wrote:
Acetone?
Get a team of rats?

Could one ask why one wants to strip it, it would seem more sensible to
buy
ordinary cable. If its for ham radio aerials the RF won't care about the
insulation but you would do better with hard drawn coppy to stop it
stretching.
As I say a solvent can do it but that amount would not be pretty or
cheap
or probably fume free either.
Brian

He probably just wants to destroy something useful for a few cents as
scrap copper,

He said he doesn't he wants the bare copper wire for some reason he didn't
state.

in the good old days we would just burn it in a paddock somewhere.