Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adam Aglionby Adam Aglionby is offline

Default GSM based building alarm?

On Monday, March 13, 2017 at 6:36:53 PM UTC, T i m wrote:
..SNIP

has couple of switched zones on if wanted to use it just as a dialler,

Ok (I did wonder if it could be used as a 'silent alarm'.

One piece of advice last Scene of Crime Officer had, was round picking up padlock parts , can match the chomp to specific cutters, was that scroats dislike noise, triggering an alarm will make them retreat for a while .

Beware of the deliberate multi trigger, until you put it down as fault and disable for the night....

Or in case of bike dealers here , break in mince alarm panel and hide, wait for cops to come and go and and building to be secured, then break out and load out 30 grands worth of trials bikes.

Condisdering fitting couple of these in new premises, internally, triggered remotely in unfortunate event of confirmed scroat activity, literally painful in an enclosed environment

http://www.cctvcentral.co.uk/klaxon-...001-1354-p.asp

also has a Open Collector switeched output if ever get round to using it for

It was a lot cheaper than dedicated diallers or GSM modules from more Western retailers .

Yes, the 'pucker' ones do seem to be quite expensive and I wasn't sure
if we would get what we were paying for and / or / if a quality unit
would be that much better in actual use (given what you say at the end
etc).

The GSM module is quite literally that a small shielded module on the PCB, mebbe not had the QA shakedown of a big name, been reliable for last few years here.

Some of these GSM alarms suggest they have either audio (you can hear
the scroats), two way audio (you can talk to the scroats) and / or
CCTV.

Scroat life is unammusing enough to watch in silent CCTV without the audio...

I think is there could be some technology crossover here with say the
use of a CCTV unit with remote (GSM) access and either movement and/or
external hard triggers (door switches etc) versus an alarm with CCTV
or even one of these GSM doorbells wired to door switches rather than
the pushbutton?

Android phones but its the hardware interface.

Physical security is first line,big f**k off padlocks, padbars,

Plan already in action Adam. Either, home made (or bought / approved,
if it helps any insurance etc) ground / wall anchors and h/d wire /
chain / locks.

Bars , not chains or wires, big scroat with aforementioned 18" or weed with the stolen Record 4 footers make chain and wire look like cable ties.

Closed shoulder padlocks and andge iron over the hasp on a bar makes it difficult to get in with cutters.

reinforced hinges are things that make scroat with his lidl 18" boltcutters move on

;-)

Yup, you can only go so far with any of this eh.

Round here they broke into the forking car wash, not sire if they thought were going to get rich selling stolen car shampoo, but must have seemed easy to get in.

Pereceived internal value dosent seem to effect desire to break and enter, big locks dinna emake it more attractive don`t think.