Posted to uk.d-i-y
tony sayer tony sayer is offline

Default GSM based building alarm?

In article , T i m
scribeth thus
On Sun, 12 Mar 2017 15:02:44 +0000, tony sayer
wrote:

In article , T i m
scribeth thus
I was just wondering if anyone here had any personal experience of /
with any of the various GSM / Autodialer type alarms, the likes of
eBay is cluttered with these days please?

The usage would be some general indication (via text / auto voice
message) of activity into (door switch x 2) or within (IR) a remote
building (that has mains power) and possibly in 'silent' mode (no need
/ point annoying the neighbours for accidental / nuisance trips).

We wouldn't mind spending a couple of extra quid for something tried
and tested and sanctioned by the panel. ;-)

Cooper security do a GSM model alarm panel IIRC.

Or use a GSM phone adapter from TLC here;

https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_In...essories_Index
/Orchid_Telecom_GSM/index.html

Then you can plug most any autodialler into that...

Thanks for that Tony. Have you used anything like those OOI?

Yes in several remote monitoring applications..

I think the prices of their (Cooper) alarm panels + autodialer makes
it a bit more expensive than we were initially considering and I was
thinking of having an all_in-one solution. However (and thinking back
to HiFi / TV recording / decoding solutions), it might be 'better' to
have the alarm and dialler separate as 1) you my get more choice and
2) you don't have all your eggs in one basket?

Yes there not cheap but they do work and keep working

The sort of thing I have since found and looks like it might meet our
needs is this:

http://www.screwfix.com/p/yale-wirel...larm-kit/8612g

... but then one of the reviews suggests it is fussy about the SIM
used ... ;-(

Cheers, T i m

--
Tony Sayer