Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] spuorgelgoog@gowanhill.com is offline

Default Google fu help please - electric hot plate height extender

On Monday, 13 March 2017 15:22:12 UTC, David WE Roberts (Google) wrote:
Dumb implementation because the electric hot plate is below the level of
the pan supports so you have to drop the pan into a 20 cms * 24 cms space
which effectively means a 20 cms diameter pan.

I think anything solid enough to conduct heat effectively (ie a solid lump of metal) would also have unfeasibly high thermal mass and slow response.

Could you raise the electric hot plate by removing it from the hob unit and sandwiching a band of stainless steel round the perimeter between the hotplate and the hob unit, I think most electric hotplates fix with a central screw to a spider?

Or can you use a flat-bottomed wok?

Owain