Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dennis@home Dennis@home is offline

Default USB Controlled Power switch

On 13/03/2017 10:09, wrote:
Firstly, so nice to be able to post on here again after the loss of the Demon newsgroup server robbed me of easy access via ThunderBird.

I am looking for a USB/PC controlled power switch to enable 1 device ( a large format topuch screen ) to be switched off/on.

We use a RS232 control through the PC but there is an intermittant fault that causes teh screen to become unrepsonisve, and requires a hard power down.

Problem is the screen has been installed in a manner that makes it impossible to access teh on/off button.

So one possible slution is a power switch controlled by the PC.

I'd prefer USB rather than LAN/network controlled switch as that would be more secure.

I posted here because I thought if anyone has played with this stuff it would most likely be someone on here.

Would one of these do, and stick the remote next to the PC.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Status-Remo.../dp/B00NMD4QL6