Posted to rec.woodworking
Marsha[_4_] Marsha[_4_] is offline

Default Latex Paint - Tacky/Sticky finish days after painting - Solutions?

replying to schooner, Marsha wrote:
I have used True Value Easy Care and Weatherall paint for 30 years and have
always sworn by it. The last 10 years or so I have wanted deeper more
jewel-tone colors. I have a desk I painted over a year ago with a deep
jewel-tone Raspberry Sunset." It is dry to touch finally, but is still tacky
if something is put on it. I think that it is my fault-I had a contractor
tell me you could second coat even if tacky. I don't think so! My wall I
painted 6 days ago is on the same order. Deep maroon/raspberry. "Recoat 6
hrs." I waited over 14 hrs, didn't check the wall after all that time, and
second coated half of it. BAD! I can't believe I didn't check. Has been
raining, but I have had a fan going for 4 days. The one coat is still tacky,
but less than the second coated part. Dark paint. Fan is still going, but I
will try more heat-our thermostat is usually set at 62 degrees. PLEASE HELP!!

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/woodwo...lu-420218-.htm