Posted to rec.woodworking
Spalted Walt Spalted Walt is offline

Default Chuck removal

"Dr. Deb" wrote:

On Saturday, March 11, 2017 at 10:44:05 PM UTC-6, Jacqueline Fauria wrote:
I need to replace the chuck on my dewalt dw106 type 1 drill but the chuck is
stuck in the full open position. That's why it needs replaced. How can I get
the pieces apart if I can't tighten an Allen wrench down in it

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/woodwo...al-807055-.htm

Some chucks have a screw in the bottom of them, and it can be either a left hand (usually) or right hand thread. If its there, remove it, of course. Then put your key in the adjustment home, clamping it in place, and hit it with a hammer to loosen the chuck and drive it out.

Dewalt DW106 is keyless, there is no "adjustment home" (hole?)
http://www.ereplacementparts.com/ima..._TYPE_2_WW.gif