RamblinOn

Default clogged drains and, SAND?

clipped

I'm wondering if anyone has ever heard of beach sand getting in the
drain pipes of a house. How could it get there? Is it backing up from
the city sewer, or coming in from the vents? If from the vents, which
are simply open at the top, is there anything I can do to stop the sand
from blowing in? Could the sand be the cause of my drain problems?

Thanks very much,
John

Wow! Doesn't sound good. No knowing much at all about sewers, except
that we have one, I would get with the city first. Entirely possible
that the city side of the line is broken. If it is, they fix it. If
not, you know the problem is on your side. Over time, it seems a slow
running line could accumulate sand from laundry and house cleaning,
although I've never had it happen. Our city has had lots of trouble,
and are replacing main sewer lines and pumps in our neighborhood. The
problem has impacted our neighbors, with repeated backups, but not us.
Mebbe neighbors have bad sewer lines on their side of the sewer, as
their drainage is bad as well.