Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Protecting CCTV camera Cat5 plug and socket outdoors

WE have had discussions here before about cameras inside sealed enclosures
and condensation at the lens or the window it looks through, I seem to
recall.
Myself I'd find some new white cable and only fit the plug on one end as
they suggest and then fit the other. Then inside out of the weather, simply
use an adaptor to join the two plugged ends together. This way if the
outside cable fails, you do not have to replace the whole run.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
wrote in message
On Sat, 11 Mar 2017 11:28:29 +0000, F news@nowhere wrote:

I need to connect PoE CCTV cameras (HikVision DS-2CD2042WD-I) to Cat5
cabling outdoors. T

If I can, I would prefer to leave the plug on and hide the connected
plug and socket inside a weatherproof enclosure.
As well as avoiding the possibility of poor connections, this would
also ensure that the unused power connector from the camera would be out
of the weather too.

Can anyone suggest such an enclosure? All the ones I have found so far
would need to plug removing or are silly money.

Good quality self amalgamating tape applied correctly should do what
you want.

G.Harman