Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default What Is Your Star Rating Criteria For Making A Purchase?

In article ,
says...

On 2017-03-11, (PeteCresswell) wrote:

Then I select all reviews and look for situations where shills are
posting fake positive reviews - there's a certain feel to the
descriptive language that will make me conclude it's a fake review.

I've been caught in that exact same situation, only I lost.

Amazon had 100+ five-star reviews, witha nary a single negative.
Turns out the item was junk and I re-evaluated those positive reviews
and finally noticed they all used similar terms to describe the item.
This after being a Prime member fer a couple yrs. Fortunately, I
spent less than $20 on this particular Amazon scam.

nb

I always get suspicious of anything that has all positive reviews. As
someone mentioned it people were given $ 100 bills someone would
complain about the color, or not being fresh enough, or some other
equally negative review.

Unless I know someone whose opinion I value has one I try not to buy
that item.