Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Solar Powered Garage Door Opener.

"David R. Birch" wrote in message
news
I've been think about installing this in my garage which has no
electricity running to it. I've googled "Solar Powered Garage Door
Opener" and only found general talk, no one who's actually done it
and no company that makes one.

Has anyone here done this or have more info?

David

The hard part may be matching the reversible 120VAC motor to an
adequate inverter. The pure sine inverter in the solar backup for my
refrigerator draws too much idle current to leave on all the time. You
might need a separate radio-controlled DC relay like a winch control
or remote car starter that you engage first to power up the door
opener.
-jsw