Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default 0 (ZERO) Ohm Resistors (WTF)........

In article ,
says...

On Fri, 10 Mar 2017 19:57:24 +0100, Robert Roland
wrote:

On Fri, 10 Mar 2017 03:19:06 -0600,
wrote:

I thought it would be Black - Black - Black, but that is actually ONE
OHM.

One ohm is brown, black, gold.

Zero ohm should be black, black, any.

According to this chart (and others like it), One Ohm is black -black -
black...

http://www.digikey.com/-/media/Image...4-8d78dacd29ff

I believe you are reading that chart wrong.

I have some resistors and checked them out. One is a brown black gold
and is 1 ohm. Another is brown black silver and is .1 ohms. That is
measured with a Fluke 87 VOM.

I don't know for sure, but maybe the resistors do not start off with a
black band. Don't have any loose resistors to check, but many on
circuit boards are a solid color with a black band in the middle.