Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] dansabrservices@yahoo.com is offline

Default 0 (ZERO) Ohm Resistors (WTF)........

On Saturday, March 11, 2017 at 2:13:18 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Fri, 10 Mar 2017 21:06:58 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"

Please note that there are SMD versions of these as well. They will be marked with a single zero(0).

I have seen thee or four zeros, depending on the tolerance. They
were 5% and 1%. We used them on circuit boards when a pad wasn't needed.

I see that they now sell 0.05% as well:

Are you ****ting me.....
How can there be a tolerance for ZERO Ohms?
Zero IS Zero....

That's just plain silly.... LOL

Speaking of silly, next time you see someone wiring a light fixture or
lamp, ask them what the tolerance is for the wire they are using....
[Sometimes its fun screwing with people's heads].

http://www.mouser.com/Passive-Components/Resistors/SMD-Resistors-Chip-Resistors/_/N-7h7yu?P=1z0x6qj

You will often see these used to jump a trace in SMD applications.

Dan

Here we go with those initials "SMD" again. I keep seeing that in posts
on here and elsewhere. So I better ask...
What the heck does SMD mean?

Sorry about not including the definition:

Surface Mounted Device

Dan