Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] ohger1s@gmail.com is offline

Default Your car computer-hacker Controlled?

On Saturday, March 11, 2017 at 3:30:24 AM UTC-5, wrote:

Stupid mother****ers today, half of them SHOULD be dead.

Geeze Jeff, hanging around Phil lately? LOL.

But anyway, I'm not as old school as you but I don't trust computers in general. Years ago all voting machines were mechanical. They could NOT be hacked unless the laws of physics were broken. They lasted many decades with little maintenance and were 100% accurate. Any computer that can be accessed remotely can be hacked, and I can't but help wonder why politicians fought to sunset mechanical voting machines (and I'm NOT a conspiracy theorist by any stretch).

It comes down to money, but automakers could install a simple mechanical switch that would prevent the car's PCM from having any contact with the outside world unless it was activated. Of course, we could remove the microwave antenna from the car but then we would lose our NAV and Sat radio.