Posted to alt.home.repair
(PeteCresswell) (PeteCresswell) is offline

Default What Is Your Star Rating Criteria For Making A Purchase?

Per DerbyDad03:
But in general, do you have a "system" or is it just gut feel after
reviewing the reviews?

Mainly gut feel, but for big stuff I resort to a system where I write
down the objective followed by "Musts" and "Wants".

The "Musts" become go-no-go's.

Each "Want" is assigned a weight and for each proposed solution, I add a
value as to how well is satisfies the "Want".... then I multiply and
add....

If nothing else, it becomes a good communication device to smoke out
where somebody really is in the decision-making process.

I think it goes by the name "Kepner-Trego Decision Analysis".
--
Pete Cresswell