Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adrian Caspersz Adrian Caspersz is offline

Default Flat pack faff

On 11/03/17 09:50, Harry Bloomfield wrote:

I eventually got to the end, after several attempts and much pulling
apart and reassembling the correct way - then there was a length of
nylon strap left over, with no obvious place where it was needed. It was
shown on the pictogram, but gave no clear indication of where it was
intended to go or its actual purpose. I looked at several flat pack
assembly videos on Youtube, before eventually spotting one which showed
the assembly of a wardrobe. That had such a strap between the top of the
wardrobe and fixed to the wall, to prevent it falling over.

I really couldn't see this low and deep sideboard managing to fall over
no matter what, so I have not bothered to fit it.

Kids have been killed ... The function and instructions for the
installation of this should perhaps be made a little more obvious.

If the laden top drawer is extended fully outwards, does it tip forward?

In your case, your assessment of the situation might suffice. Just
check, no climbing kids in the house?

--
Adrian C